Click to Enlarge
Please enter your starting address in the form input below.
Please refresh the page if trying an alternate address.
A Grade II listed, three bedroomed detached former mill and former public house/restaurant, offered for sale with approx 7 acres of land and vacant possession. The property is built of stone and dates back to 1743. It was open to the public as a pub until March 2020 and offers potential to be reopened as a pub and restaurant or to be converted into a private family dwelling or dwelling with ancillary accommodation subject to permissions being obtained. EPC D.
Garth Mill was built in 1743 as a corn mill. It was owned by the Mostyn Estate and produced feed for livestock on local farms, and for the ponies which worked the nearby coal mines In the 20th century, demand for the mill’s produce dwindled as rival feed was transported from further afield. Garth Mill closed in 1956. It was used into the 1960s as premises for a business which retreaded old road vehicle tyres. Later the building fell into dereliction. The mill was sold by the Mostyn Estate and in 1983 it was restored and opened as a pub by Red and Jay Williams. It occupies a charming spot between a ford and a steep wooded bank. The Wales Coast Path climbs the hillside behind, offering an aerial view over the site. The pub ceased to trade in March 2020 and is now available for sale with vacant possession. The mill stands next to a wooded area and an adjacent field which in total measures approximately 7 acres and the land enjoys far reaching views over the Dee Estuary towards the Wirral, Liverpool and beyond. The main centre section of the mill stands four stories high, with the top floor being one large open living room. A two storey section of the property sits on one side and a long barn/stable adjoins on the opposite side, both offering scope for further development subject to necessary permissions being obtained
Via a timber door leading into entrance hallway.
Having a quarry tiled floor and window overlooking the front and stairs to the accommodation above, his and her W.C. and leading into:
Having a feature central Gwespyr stone fire place with an inset wood burning stove and a raised hearth, lighting, power points, three radiators, feature beamed ceilings, a variety of built-in seating constructed from reclaimed church pews, exposed stone walling, bar constructed from reclaimed pitched pine with shelving and optics, two windows to the front of the property.
Having lighting, power points, wash basin, shelving and electric meter.
Having a window to the rear.
Having wall, drawer and base units with worktops over, double drainer stainless steel sink, lighting, power points, plumbing for washing machine, vaulted ceiling, two shuttered windows to the rear and doorway to the side.
Having lighting, power points, double radiator, window overlooking the front of the property,
Having lighting, wall mounted shower, W.C., vaulted ceiling and window to the front.
Comprising of wall, drawer and base units with worktops over, lighting, power points, electric cooker point, two double radiators, stable door to the rear and a window to the front of the property with stairs leading to:
Having window overlooking the front and lighting with two sets of stairs leading off.
Located above the kitchen/sitting room having a window to the rear and side, built in wardrobes, lighting, power points and radiator.
Having lighting, power points, radiator, window overlooking the rear and glazed double doors with shutters opening to the rear.
Via turned stairs which lead into a large open living room with exposed roof timbers, church pew bench window seat and windows to each gable end, lighting, power points, exposed Gwespyr stone chimney and two double radiators.
From the Prestatyn Office, bear right onto Meliden Road and continue along onto Gronant Road, proceeding to the T-Junction. Turn right onto Prestatyn Road (A548), through the village of Gronant continuing along onto the bypass. At the traffic lights turn right signposted Ffynnongroyw and Penyffordd and take the first left onto Garth Lane.
Oil Fired Central Heating External Boiler - 5 Years Old
1 Crown Square